- The interest rate on a student Stafford loan is only 6.8% and the interest rate on a parent loan is 7.9%. These rates are variable but cannot exceed 8.25% for Stafford loans or 9% for parent loans.
- Take advantage of the Hope Scholarship and the Lifetime Learning Credit. Click below to get more information from the main Academy Web site:
Hope Scholarship/Lifetime Learning Credit
The Academy of Art University offers financial aid packages consisting of grants, loans and work study to students who demonstrate financial need. Low-interest Federal student loans are also available to eligible students, regardless of need.
The Academy's Financial Aid office is staffed with helpful advisors who can guide you through the financial aid application process and determine your eligibility for Federal Financial Aid.
- 150 Hayes Street
Financial Aid, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102
- Regular Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm
- Contact Information:
Phone: 800.544.ARTS -or- 415.274.2200
- New Students: 415.618.6300
- New Students (Online Only): 415.618.6455
- Continuing Students: 415.618.6190
- New Graduate Students: Graduate applicants can receive more information about their options by contacting Ngan Le in Financial Aid at 800.544.ARTS -or- 415.618.6358.
- Online Students: If you plan on studying 100% online at the Academy, we have specially designated financial aid officers here to assist you. Please contact us at 800.544.ARTS or 415.618.6455 and ask for an online financial aid representative.
Financial Aid Programs
The Academy participates in the following:
- Pell Grant Program
- SEOG Program
- Federal Work Study Program
- Federal Direct Student Loan Program
- Plus Loan Program
For more resources, visit the Financial Aid Resources page, or visit the Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions page.