ARC Training & Tutoring – Academy Resource Center (ARC): We offer free, small-group tutoring to all students, both undergraduate and graduate, for all majors and courses, in the form of On-Campus and Online Labs. Although one-on-one tutoring is no longer offered, our new services provide individualized attention from experienced tutors to small groups of students. Students may attend BOTH On-Campus and Online ARC Labs without a referral, and there are no longer any grade requirements for receiving group tutoring.
- Online Labs provide students with live, real-time support by experienced, knowledgeable tutors via online chat, video, screen sharing, file sharing, and conference call.
- Students access Online Labs using Adobe Connect by clicking on the corresponding link in the Online Lab schedule at http://arc.academyart.edu/tutoring/tutoring_services.html.
The Bus Schedule page is an easy to use page that will help you find the next available campus bus from one campus building to another.
The MyAcademy Calendar page keeps you up-to-date with all upcoming events and important dates. The Calendar is updated frequently, so check in regularly to find out what’s happening next!
This page offers detailed information regarding who to contact and what to do in the event of an emergency, either on campus or off. Please read this page to help ensure that your time at the Academy and your time in San Francisco stays safe and enjoyable.
All registered students, graduates, and alumni have access to Career & Entrepreneurial Development. Career & Entrepreneurial Development offers individual career counseling as well as advice on resume and interview expectations, portfolio tips, hiring standards, industry trends, and networking techniques. To learn more, view the Career & Entrepreneurial Development page on the main Academy Web site.
Campus Life is the pulse of student life at the Academy! Campus Life offers students interactive opportunities to participate in various social activities that promote peer connections and extracurricular enjoyment. The MyAcademy Campus Life page includes information on Campus Life, including specific pages on the following:
- What is Campus Life?: Information about how Campus Life promotes peer connections and extracurricular enjoyment.
- Athletics: A fit student is a happy student. This page offers a list of some of the many athletic teams and activities available to you.
- Clubs & Organizations: Campus Life offers students the opportunity to start clubs and organizations. This page describes some of the clubs that currently exist on the Academy campus.
View this page to see which classes will be offered in the coming semesters. To sign up for classes, log-in to Student Self Service.
Click here to log-in to your student email account.
If you are a student in the Academy’s School of Motion Pictures & Television and you need to reserve or check out a piece of equipment, you can do it online using the online equipment checkout Web site.
The Academy offers financial aid packages consisting of grants, loans and work study to students who demonstrate financial need. To learn more, view this page. The Financial Aid page also offers these helpful resources:
- Frequently Asked Questions: This FAQ page covers some of the most common questions asked by students about financial aid.
- Useful Websites: This page is a list of Web sites of relevance to students who need loans and other financial aid.
The mission of the Graduate School is to provide graduate students with excellence in advisement and support throughout their graduate careers at the Academy. Click on the link above to learn more. The pages below offer more specific information:
- Directed Study: Directed Study is the graduate student's primary concentration as Master's candidate. This page offers useful forms and information for students engaged in directed study.
- Midpoint Review: The Midpoint Review is a formal presentation before a review committee where the graduate school evaluates each student's eligibility for Master's candidacy. This page offers general guidelines about midpoint review as well as department-specific guidelines.
- Final Review: The Final Review is a formal presentation before committee, comprised of a visual, oral, and written presentation of the student’s Final Project. This page offers general guidelines about final review as well as department-specific guidelines.
The Health Insurance Portal is a service provided by Wells Fargo Student Insurance to provide Academy students with information and guidance on the Student Health Insurance Plan. The Web site allows you to do a variety of things, such as enroll in the student health or dental plans; find answers to Frequently Asked Questions; view and print your student health insurance plan brochure; obtain information on your medical claims status; find most important customer service toll-free numbers and Web sites; print claim forms, and much more.
The Academy requires each undergraduate student to complete a complement of core liberal arts classes in order to graduate with either an AA degree or a BFA degree. These classes promote critical thinking, communication skills, historical and cultural awareness, and more. Click on the above link to view the Liberal Arts page, or click on one of the more specific links below:
The Library’s Web site allows you to reserve or renew books, access a variety of research materials, and more. This Web site is a service of the Academy’s Library, which is located at on the 6th floor at 180 New Montgomery Street. The Library incorporates the latest information technologies, including an online catalog for finding books, videotapes, DVDs, periodicals, CD-ROMs, film scripts, computer software manuals, and picture file topics.
This page describes the services provided by the Office of the Registrar, which is responsible for maintenance of academic records (i.e. grades, attendance, and enrollment), processing Academy transcripts, enrollment verifications, transfer credits, and monitoring academic status, progress, and graduation.
Need to login to your online classes? Do it here!
View this page to read the latest announcements from the Academy’s president, Dr. Elisa Stephens.
Click here to access the Student Self-Service portal, where you can check your financial aid, sign up for classes, check your class schedule, check your grades, make tuition payments, update your personal contact information, and more.
The MyAcademy Student Bulletin Board is the place to connect online with your fellow students. Discussions range from general topics to department specific. Log in at mvnforum.academyart.edu.
Want to see some of the best examples of work by your fellow Academy students? Check out the Student Galleries, which features student work from most of our departments.
It’s hard to keep up with everything going on at the Academy. Our current and alumni students are often in the news, whether it’s winning an award, getting an exciting new job, or opening a new gallery show. To read more about what’s new, visit the Student News page.
All Academy of Art University students with a student ID are welcome at the Urban Knights Art Café. The café is a great place to connect with friends, work on a project, or grab a coffee or something to eat.