Academic Coaching Support
Our Academic Coaching team looks forward to working with you!
An Academic Coach offers success strategies which strengthen your academic skills. Many students come to us when they are feeling overwhelmed with balancing their commitments or want guidance about improving in a course.
Connect with an Academic Coach on topics such as:
- Time Management
- Organization & Prioritization
- Class Navigation
- Discussion Participation
- Improving Class Performance
- Instructor Communication
Please note Academic Coaches do not offer support with content and assignments.
Explore Your Academy Resources
Assignment and Content Support
Your instructor is there to guide, instruct and help with course assignments and content. Check if your instructor has Office Hours or a topic in class dedicated to answering student questions. You can also message your instructor. Contact your department director or department administrator to find out if your department offers content support. The Academy of Art University does not offer one-on-one course tutoring for content.
Accessibility Resources facilitates equal access throughout the university, both online and on-campus, for students with disabilities and health conditions. They will treat your information with confidentiality and care.
- Website: https://my.academyart.edu/my-academy/academy-resource-center/accessibility/
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 415-618-3775
Personal Concerns Impacting Academic Progress
The Writing Lab tutors can assist you with developing your written assignments and discussion posts. A writing tutor will explain your most serious problems and make suggestions about how to fix them.
- The Online Writing Lab (OWL) has you submit work in progress with a form. You'll receive an email response from a writing tutor. Submit here.
- In the Virtual Language Lab you can meet 1-on-1 with a writing tutor over Zoom. Set up an appointment here.
- Need support with understanding plagiarism, using MLA style, citing sources, and conducting research? Check out these helpful resources from the AAU Library and Online Language Support.
The Speaking Lab tutors can assist with developing a speaking presentation. You can also set up appointments to practice conversation and pronunciation.
English Language Support
Online Help Desk
If you are having difficulty logging in, accessing parts of your course, or posting, contact the Online Help Desk. They are open 8:00 AM through Midnight, Pacific Time, seven days a week to assist with technical difficulties in the class interface.
- Class Interface: Select “Get Help” and then “Help Desk”
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-888-431-2787
Academic Coaching Support Request