Commencement Ceremony Information
Congratulations! You are close to completing your degree.
To participate in the Commencement Ceremony and to have your diploma scheduled for processing, please review the below steps:
- Review your final requirements with your advisor
- Enroll in your final courses and successfully complete your degree requirements
- Information including the Commencement Handbook and instructions for how to reserve your spot, pick up your cap and gown, and receive tickets for family and friends will be emailed to your address on file. Please be sure all of your contact information is up to date in Student Self Service as well as the Online Portal.
To the 2022 Graduates of Academy of Art University and Their Families
Congratulations on your recent/upcoming graduation! The Academy of Art University believes it is important to recognize the hard work and dedication of our students, and we are committed to celebrating and honoring our graduates and their accomplishments.
On behalf of the administration, faculty, students, and alumni that make up the Academy of Art University family, we are pleased to recognize the class of 2022 for your impressive accomplishments. The beautiful art and design work you’ve created during your time here proves that you have the skills and determination to turn obstacles into opportunities. We are proud of you, and we can’t wait to see what you accomplish next.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
MA / MFA / MARCH - Final Review
Your degree becomes official when it is posted to your transcript, not by your participation in the graduation ceremony. This will be mailed to you 4 months after the Registrar has confirmed that you have met all academic requirements and settled all financial obligations.
Your diploma will be sent to the HOME or designated MAILING address on file.
Please make sure all of your contact information is up to date in Self Service.
Financial Aid Student Exit Interview
All federal student loan borrowers are required to receive Exit Loan Counseling upon graduation. Complete this https://studentloans.gov/ or the Exit Loan Counseling packet mailed to you by the Financial Aid Office.
Important Information for International Students
If you are here in F-1 status (I-20) and have completed your degree requirements, you have 60 days from the day you complete your studies to do ONE of the following four things:
- Leave the country
- Apply for a change to another immigration status
- Transfer to a new school or a new Academy of Art program, get a new I-20 for that program, and begin attendance in that program in the next possible semester.
- Begin Optional Practical Training (Note that you must apply for OPT before you complete your degree requirements.) Click here for OPT information and an application.
International students who require invitation letters for family or friends to attend the commencement ceremony must request that letter here.