ARC Language Lab
Get language help with your art and design courses, oral presentations and critiques, Midpoint/Final Review, graduate thesis project, or Directed Study research by department. Undergraduate, domestic, and international students all welcome!
Language Support Lab (Formerly ARC Language Lab)
Each Language Support Lab provides individualized, language-based assistance to domestic and international students, both graduate and undergraduate, by appointment or drop-in. Tutors are ESL support professionals who specialize in course content for specific majors.
- Open to both domestic and international students
- Undergraduates also welcome for help with classes or projects
- Provide individualized language support by appointment or drop-in
- Taught by ESL support professionals with course content expertise in each department
- Available to all students seeking language help with:
- Understanding other course content or materials
- Research and concept development for projects
- Class presentations or participation in critiques
- Cultural aspects of classes or projects
- Midpoint or Final Review proposals or presentations
- Graduate final projects or thesis
- Content-specific writing assistance
- Help with resumes, internships, or job interviews
- Tutors and locations vary according to major
- Not all departments offer labs every semester
Students should attend Department Workshops (offered through individual departments, not ARC) for specialized art and design or technical help.